This very popular treatment can transform your eyebrows and take years off your appearance. It is very effective for those with sparse over plucked brows, suffering from a hair loss condition or have been through chemotherapy. It is also great for adding a little colour and definition to your own eyebrows. I offer Microblading, Machine Hairstroke, Powder Ombre and Combination Brows to create the perfect brow for you.
Before the procedure I will do a patch test (minimum 48 hours before treatment) and also discuss the shape and colour which would best suit your face shape and skin tone. I will also draw on with pencil and powder to give you an idea of what your new eyebrows will be like.
HAIR STROKE BROWS – This technique mimics natural hairs. Tiny Hair Strokes are implanted under the skin to create natural looking brows. This brow is ideal for people who want to create a slightly fuller brow, while still leaving a very natural finish.
POWDERED OMBRE BROWS – This technique mimics the effect you achieve when you use a brow pencil or powder. It offers a ‘blocked in’ appearance as the pigment is applied using a technique that covers the brow area. Powder Ombre gives a light to dark brow. Lighter at the bulb (front) and darker at the tail. It adds lots of definition and colour.
COMBINATION BROWS – This is the most popular brow style. Both powder and hairstroke technique are combined resulting in a natural yet well defined brow. The inner brow (front) is feathered with hairstroke and the tail is powdered to achieve perfect definition.
About 6 weeks after your treatment you will need to have a top-up appointment to check the shape and colour of the healed brow and take care of any adjustments.
The eyebrows will fade over time. Your skin tone, products used and sun exposure are contributing factors as to when you will need a colour boost. Most top-ups are 12-18 months after the initial procedure.
Please see below for before and after pictures of the above styles.
PRE-CARE FOR CLIENT
- No alcohol 48 hours before treatment.
- On the day of treatment, no tea or coffee. Have something to eat because the procedure can take a few hours.
- Wash hair before coming for treatment.
- Do not take Asprin, Niacin, Vitamin E 48 hours prior to procedure.
- Avoin the Sun and tanning one week before been treated.
- Discontinue Retin-A at least 4 weeks prior and avoid on eyebrow area after.
- Botox and filler on the forehead, temple and eye area should be avoided 1 month prior to treatment.
- No brow waxing, tinting or threading 3 days prior.
- Avoid chemical Peels and Microdermabrasion 4 weeks before treatment.
Please note you will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
- Wipe the brows every 10-15 mins with damp cotton wool for the first 3 hours. This helps to prevent lymph from forming.
- On the hour for the first 3 hours wash the brows with tepid water and green soap. Pat dry.
- From day 1 to 10 wash the brows morning and night with tepid water and green soap. Pat dry.
- From day 3-10 apply the aftercare serum after washing morning and night.
- Do not rub, pick or scratch the treated area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate off. Picking can cause scarring and pigment loss.
- Completely avoid direct sun exposure and tanning beds for a minimum of 4 weeks after your treatment. Direct sunlight can cause the pigment to change colour while it is healing and also cause hyperpigmentation and scarring.
- Avoid pool, sauna, steam rooms, hot showers and/ or hot baths for 3 weeks.
- Avoid sweating for 10 days, any physical effort, gym, hot weather or any other activity that may cause sweating on the brows will expel pigment causing poor results.
- Avoid sleeping on your face/brows for the first 10 days.
- Keep your hair away from your eyebrows.
- No make-up or skin care products to be used in the area for 2 weeks.
- No facials, chemical treatments or microdermabrasion for 4 weeks.
- No Botox for 4 weeks. We recommend that its best to wait until after your touch up heals to get Botox, as an educated injector will take your new brows into consideration when choosing where to inject.
- After 10 days, once the area has healed completely, consider using sunblock when going out into the sun to stop the colour from fading.
- Eyebrow tinting should not be undertaken for 2 weeks after your procedure.
- Avoid Retin A, Chemical Peels and Microdermabrasions around the brow area once healed.
Please note: Eyebrows will appear darker and bolder due to natural healing for the first 2 weeks.
- Pregnant or Nursing
- Viral infections and/or diseases
- A Pacemaker or major heart problems
- Had an Organ transplant
- Tendency towards keiloids
- Seborrheic dermatitis
- Skin irritations or rashes near the treated area
- Sick (cold, flue, etc.)
- Used Accutane in he past year
- Allergic to anesthetic
- Extremely Oily or Problematic Skin
Please note to have perfect brows it is a multi step process. Dream brows cannot be achieved in just 1 session. Some clients need more than 2 sessions to achieve their desire, density and shape.
Powder Ombre Brow